Hello! My name is Katharina Friessen and I am a graduate from MacEwan University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology. I am thrilled to be taking on the role of Success Coach at Fort Assiniboine School for the 2017-18 school year.
I am available to work with students, parents and staff.
My role as a Success Coach includes:
- Individual and group interventions
- Crisis intervention
- Communicating students’ needs with school staff
- Support transitioning to a new grade or school for anyone who would like to meet me!
The programs/ skill building activities I offer are intended to:
- Promote a healthy view of education, and facilitate success in school by exploring students’ career opportunities
- Support transitioning to a new grade or school
- Develop stronger social, academic, and communication skills
- Encourage participation in healthy physical activities
- Better understand boundaries
- Build resiliency skills to deal with challenging situations
- Be more prepared to solve problems, deal with anger, and make positive decisions
- Provide opportunities for healthy peer interaction
- Increase their support networks
I am very excited to be working with your child and or teen throughout this school year and I am looking forward to a lot of progress!